Restorative yoga allows us the opportunity to slow down, turn inward, and repair and restore our bodies, minds and spirits. During this transformative training, participants will learn the art of guiding students through a Restorative Yoga practice through the use of props and guided relaxation techniques. This training will provide a unique blend of learning through lecture & discussion, demonstration, practice teaching and partner/group work. Topics will also include- private lessons, small group classes, and large group workshops; and they will leave with a strong understanding and foundation in the benefits of a variety of Restorative Yoga Poses.
What You Will Learn:
– Over 10 Restorative poses including application, use of props, correct alignment, and suggestions for verbal cues.
– How to sequence a class and how to work with clients individually, in small groups, and in large group workshops
– The benefits of Restorative Yoga including the physical, neurological, psychological, and energetic benefits.
– How to work with a variety of body types and physical limitations.
– A guide to the Relaxation Response and the direct effect Restorative Yoga has on the Parasympathetic Nervous system.
Friday 6-9 p.m.
Saturday/Sunday 12-5 pm
What You Will Receive:
– A Certificate of Completion
– 15 hours of CEUs through Yoga Alliance
-Mentorship with Susan Barber
– Required Text: Relax and Renew:Restful Yoga for Stressful Times by Judith Hanson Lasater
Comprehensive list of additional resources and recommended reading